Whew, I bet you’re happy January is finally over! Both Venus and Mercury retrograde dragged all month long. But fear not, February is looking ten times better since Venus will be direct, and Mercury will shortly follow. There aren’t any life-changing eclipses or aspects to consider. All in all, we can get ready for an amazing month ahead!
On the very first day of February, there is a beautiful new moon in Aquarius. The new moon represents a new cycle or chapter that will carry through until there’s a full moon in the same sign as the new moon. This lunation carries themes of Aquarius and the 11th House. Aquarius energy invites eccentricity which begins the cycle of honoring individualistic pursuits, freedom-fighting, and confidently embodying quirks. Innovation may take precedence as the new moon may encourage more technical exploration. The next six months could revolve around ingenuity as Aquarius may encourage the collective to go about everyday life in an atypical manner. It’s rebellious yet traditional, Uranian yet Saturnian. The new moon begins a paradoxical cycle as Aquarius energy encourages us to build a structure or a routine that is wholly unique to the individual. It’s the ability to decide on our one-of-a-kind futures. Aside from tapping into Aquarius, the themes of the 11th House like greater communities, groups, friendships, humanitarian causes, dreams, and technology could also be pertinent throughout the lunar cycle. For some, this will be the perfect lunation to manifest networking opportunities to meet more like-minded people or people who push you to grow. Generally speaking, the new moon in Aquarius can be a collective response to come together for the sake of humanitarian causes. Since the new moon squares Uranus in Taurus, we may see a push to find the common ground on access to food, environmental causes, cryptocurrency/NFTs, and even the supply chain crisis.
To honor the new moon, you could write your manifestations to bring in new friends or social groups over the next six months. In these manifestations, you could write about what these friends would be like and what they will bring into your life. Aside from this, you could write simple wishes on a bay leaf, burn each one, and cast the ashes outside. If you want to honor the moon-Uranus square, you could ground yourself with meditation. If you can or live in a suitable climate to do so, a walking meditation outside would be perfect! But meditation isn’t your jam, you can do something more literal, like working with a local organization to give back to your community. Whether it’s a soup kitchen or highway clean-up, taking an altruistic route is the perfect way to embrace the lunation.
The Rising signs will experience a new cycle unfolding in these Houses:
- Aries Rising: 11th House of Greater Community, Friends, Friend Groups, Social Groups, Technology, Dreams, Humanity
- Taurus Rising: 10th House of Career, Legacy, Recognition, Public Status
- Gemini Rising: 9th House of Long-Term Travel, Higher Education, Spirituality, Law, Ethics, Morals, Beliefs
- Cancer Rising: 8th House of Merging, Joint Assets/Finances, Marriages/Divorces, Taboo, Occult, Psychology, Sexual Bonds
- Leo Rising: 7th House of Contracts, Commitments, Partners (of all kinds)
- Virgo Rising: 6th House of Work, Daily Grind, Routine, Healthy Habits/Practices, Pets
- Libra Rising: 5th House of Joy, Fun, Hobbies, Past-Times, Pregnancy/Children, Dating/Romance, Drama
- Scorpio Rising: 4th House of Home, Family, Heritage, Mother/Mother-Figure
- Sagittarius Rising: 3rd House of Neighborhood, Local Community, Local/Short-Distance Travel, Communication, & Siblings
- Capricorn Rising: 2nd House of Personal Finances, Financial Security, Material Items, Personal Property, Values
- Aquarius Rising: 1st House of the Self & Perception
- Pisces Rising: 12th House of Self-Undoing, Hidden Enemies, Hidden Weaknesses, Hidden Talents
Mercury stations direct a few days later on February 3. Ugh, finally! Now direct, Mercury’s post-shadow phase is enacted meaning that we have some time to figure out if we learned our lessons. Mercury will first review its most recent reflections in Capricorn, which encourages the collective to consider the status of ideas, thought processes, educational pursuits, and conversations. Mercury will feel even more grounded in Capricorn, able to neatly define what is worth assuming responsibility for and what needs to be kicked to the curb. Since Mercury retrograde began in futuristic Aquarius and ended in practical Capricorn, the post-shadow phase through Capricorn may have a common sense take on the far-out Aquarian ideas. But until then, Mercury will also reconnect with Pluto on February 11 which may touch upon any truths or revelations from Mercury Rx conjunct Pluto on January 28. Later, Mercury will review its retrograde themes once it re-enters Aquarius on February 14.
There’s a bit of a lull, but Mercury will eventually ingress into Aquarius on February 14. The last time Mercury had entered Aquarius was January 2. But Mercury had stationed retrograde in Aquarius at 10 degrees on January 14, meaning that its time in Aquarius was cut rather short. Now back in the fixed, air sign, the post-shadow period takes precedence. Throughout this period, themes of assisting the greater community, technological pursuits, and friendships are reviewed. Original and innovative, Mercury leans into a futuristic lens when considering the Aquarian ideals. So, keep what will lead to a remarkable future and ditch the rest. Aside from this, Mercury’s mind is sharp in Aquarius. The collective gets to see the full effect of this transit for the rest of February. Since I’ve already written extensively on what Mercury in Aquarius is like, I suggest checking out my January Forecast article or my article on astrology.com.
Afterward, a full moon in Leo warms the winter sky on February 16. Full moons can allude to a cycle or chapter finally coming to a close after six months. It may also represent a six-month journey leading up to a significant milestone or achievement. Bold and magical, the lunation is revitalized by fierce Leo. There could be Leo characteristics or 5th House themes coming full circle. The vivacious Leo spirit is poignant under the full moon as Luna heightens the drama and the creativity of the Lion. Since it occurs during Aquarius season, there is an immense desire to be unapologetically individualistic. So, go all-in with the glitz and glamour of the full moon! The lunation could also represent the accumulation of 5th House themes like creativity, hobbies, romance, sexual expression, and even children. Celebrate the full moon by tapping into your inner child. Spend the day enjoying the simple pleasures of life, like watching your favorite childhood movie or wearing something a little out of your comfort zone. Seeking sexual pleasure could heighten under the romantic lunation, especially for those who are at a crossroads with having children.
Aside from the razzle-dazzle lunar energy, the full moon does square both of the Nodes in Taurus/Scorpio. At the crossroads of fate and destiny, the square tugs on intuition and heartstrings. Be mindful of what comes up as it should not be easily written off. Intuition, dreams, and everyday omens can represent confirmations for what is to come or what has already happened. But this may be challenging as the square can mistake intense emotional reactions for intuition. Distinction is key for discretion. Pay attention to strong feminine leads around the full moon as the lunar square can represent the power of the divine feminine energy.
The Rising signs will experience the ending of a cycle in these Houses:
- Aries Rising: 5th House of Joy, Fun, Hobbies, Past-Times, Pregnancy/Children, Dating/Romance, Drama
- Taurus Rising: 4th House of Home, Family, Heritage, Mother/Mother-Figure
- Gemini Rising: 3rd House of Neighborhood, Local Community, Local/Short-Distance Travel, Communication, & Siblings
- Cancer Rising: 2nd House of Personal Finances, Financial Security, Material Items, Personal Property, Values
- Leo Rising: 1st House of the Self & Perception
- Virgo Rising: 12th House of Self-Undoing, Hidden Enemies, Hidden Weaknesses, Hidden Talents
- Libra Rising: 11th House of Greater Community, Friends, Friend Groups, Social Groups, Technology, Dreams, Humanity
- Scorpio Rising: 10th House of Career, Legacy, Recognition, Public Status
- Sagittarius Rising: 9th House of Long-Term Travel, Higher Education, Spirituality, Law, Ethics, Morals, Beliefs
- Capricorn Rising: 8th House of Merging, Joint Assets/Finances, Marriages/Divorces, Taboo, Occult, Psychology, Sexual Bonds
- Aquarius Rising: 7th House of Contracts, Commitments, Partners (of all kinds)
- Pisces Rising: 6th House of Work, Daily Grind, Routine, Healthy Habits/Practices, Pets
Also, on February 16, the Lover planets finally hook up when Mars conjuncts Venus in Capricorn. When the Lover planets find comfort in each other’s embrace, sparks will be flying. Assertive yet romantic, submissive yet dominant, the conjunction alludes to the energy within connections. For couples, it could be an especially passionate conjunction as romance and sexual tension are heightened. For singles, this conjunction could allude to the power play in an unofficial situationship where everyone holds the cards, but nobody is willing to call their flush. This spicy transit could even hit those in a romantic triangle or an affair! Regardless, Mars-Venus energy is perfect for taking a risk in love, beauty, and even money. So, if love isn’t on the table, then the conjunction could show up as taking a sudden interest in beauty regimes or even fighting for what you are owed. If the power play stops being sexy and starts coming across as stressful, don’t forget that compromise is always on the table. Earthy Capricorn acts as a reminder to focus on what is practical and steadfast. It could be the perfect backbone for instilling a long-term commitment with a lover, a self-care practice, and even a financial plan. But sensual Capricorn can also show up as unexpected “Daddy” energy… So, remember to have fun with this transit!
The last major transit is when the sun finally enters Pisces on February 18. The final astrological season of the old astrological year has arrived! In the twelfth Zodiac sign, the sun has a wavering sense of reality. Pisces is a mutable water sign ruled by Neptune and Jupiter. As the last magical astrological season begins, Pisces invites the sun to enter the realm of fantasy and mysticism. Pisces season can be a time to explore one’s imagination with uncapped compassion, led by intuition and faith. It may also refer to a boundless portal of endless, elusive escapism. Pisces season is best summarized by F. Scott Fitzgerald’s quote: “I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.”
- 2/1: New Moon in Aquarius
- 2/3: Mercury stations direct in Capricorn
- 2/14: Mercury enters Aquarius
- 2/16: Full Moon in Leo, Mars conjuncts Venus in Capricorn
- 2/18: Sun enters Pisces